Sunday, May 13, 2007

May 2007 Newsletter

Greetings Quilters
Hope every one is doing well. I had a great visit on the phone with Jean. She was able to track me down as I am a hard one to catch. If you have tried to call me on my cell phone you know that I don’t always remember to turn it on…..My old (land) number is back on. 320-759-1984. I have been extremely busy as I am moving to a different house. It is only a few blocks away but still just as much work. I am selling the cheaper house of the two. Or at least I am trying. First ad comes out Friday in the paper. Yea, off course I am trying to sell it myself, at least for now. If all else fails, I’m back in the rental business again.
I went to a quilt show last weekend. It was the first show I have gone to other then ours in Q. It was just great! The featured quilt was Dresden plate. They had a “million” of them! WOW is all I can say. I took pictures but have not had time to download them to the computer. Sorry the only news I have on classes is that Alice will be helping us with color. As you go through your stash this summer cut out a 2 ½ or 3 inch square of every color you have to bring with to “Q” . We will work on color combos. Sounds like some thing that I really need, for sure. Let Nancy know if you are able to teach a class. We need YOUR help.
Here is the first part of the mystery quilt. I thought I was going to be “so” smart and have the first part done already….well I cut the light fabric and can’t decide what other to use. (It’s the color thing) But here goes. Any questions talk to Marilyn. I am just learning to scan and this is a new computer (Scary)
Remember that everyone has a photographic memory. Some, like me just don’t have any film.
Stay well and keep sewing.
Barbara

No comments: